Saturday 10 March 2012

Chocolate Banana Cupcakes

I had a bunch of banana's hanging around for just a bit longer than I would have liked this week and thought what can I do with these that isn't just a banana bread?! I thought why not just put them into some cupcakes, along with some chocolate to satisfy my chocolate cravings!

I used just a basic vanilla bake recipe but added 4 mashed banana's and about two handfuls of chocolate chips!



For the icing it was just a standard chocolate buttercream.

I had bought some silver glitter flakes that I wanted to try out which you will probably JUST be able to see in the photo's below. However I can't say that I was too impressed with them. I always think that cakes look so lovely with glitter on them but I havn't managed to find the right type of glitter yet! I looked at the spray on shimmer glitter but wasn't sure it would look right or how easy it is to apply? If anyone has some good recommendations they would be more than welcome!




I'm really loving Instagram at the moment so some of my pictures have been taken on my Iphone 4 and then edited in Instagram. I've just purchased a new camera so I can hopefully take more professional photo's of my cupcakes!

1 comment:

  1. Wow they are some generous sized cupcakes! they look soo good, nom.
    I don't have an iphone, but I wish there was an intagram app for computers, specially since I'm so crap with photoshop!

    http://thewoollenmitten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete